In 1959, Abingdon Factory in England started to build the MGA 1600. The engine was increased in size from 1,489cc to nearly 1,600, same as the MGA twin cam, reflecting the fact that 1,600cc class was replacing the 1,500cc class in motor racing. The 1600 model was also fitted with Lockhead brakes on the front wheels, as well as several other small changes, many of which were implemented on the twin cam. The bigger engine and Lockhead brakes are the two major needs for driving an MGA on today's modern highways. The major modification introduced with the 1600 models were the front wings, to suit larger lamps. There was also a new type of rear lamp plinth to accommodate the separate rear flashers. Today the MGA 1600s are very popular. This beautifully restored 1960 MGA has all the correct original and powerful 1,600cc engine and 4-speed transmission. The original 1,600cc engine was professionally rebuilt and has about 1,000 miles since rebuild. This MGA 1600 has the desirable front wheel disc brakes which provide its driver more comfort and safety while driving on today's modern highways. This MGA has a recent professional paint job, and graced with shiny beautiful chrome bumpers and grille. This MGA has the beautiful and comfortable feel of leather seats. This roadster was fitted perfectly with the Moss Motors finest convertible top. The new interior includes beautiful Moto Lita steering wheel which provides the MGA a nice patina finish of a 1960s era British sports car. This beautiful MGA roadster will undoubtedly provide its driver that nostalgic feel of driving a very fine British sports car.