|Description||A concours winning example of one of the world's most significant cars and one with undoubted provenance.
GT40P 1027 was completed in January 1966, finished in Belgian Racing Yellow and shown at the Brussels Auto Show in February of that year. In April 1966 the car was sold to MGM, painted white with a blue stripe, and used as the camera car for the movie "Grand Prix". The car then passed to the ownership of Charles Sechan of Pennsylvania who, in 1968 sold it to Jim Toensing of California who returned the car to its original yellow and black color combination.
It was displayed at the Briggs Cunningham Museum in Costa Mesa CA for many years until it closed. The car then passed to Jim Ladwig who vintage raced it. Following a shunt at Elkhart Lake, Ladwig commissioned a complete restoration.
The car is equipped with Halibrand magnesium wheels, a 5-speed ZF gearbox with cooler, a 302 cu.in. engine with 4 48ida Weber carburetors.
It is difficult to describe in words the accuracy of the restoration with every component to the smallest detail rebuilt to exact original specifications using original components and parts. The end result is one of the finest and most correct GT-40's in the world. It was judged "Best Race Car" at the Meadow Brook Concours in 1993.