Lot #31.1 - This truck began life in July of 1954 at Ford's Twin Cities plant in Minnesota. It was built on a 110" wheelbase with the 223cid "Cost Clipper" 6 cylinder motor. The truck was equipped with a 3-speed overdrive transmission and a 4.09 DANA 44 rear end. The original color was Vermilion Green as was popular at that time. The truck has approximately 700 miles on it since being rebuilt. The frame was reinforced with boxing plates from front to rear and the straight axle suspension rebuilt with lowering springs. The brakes were rebuilt with new components and polished stainless lines. The original DANA 44 rear was rebuilt with the original 4.09 gears. The original 6 cylinder was rebuilt with hardened exhaust valve and a custom cam. Offenhauser supplied the manifold that mounts a pair of Holley 1904 single barrel units controlled with Offenhauser linkage. An Offenhauser valve cover tops it all off and exhaust is directed by dual Cherry Bomb race mufflers to chrome tips. The original overdrive unit and transmission was lost somewhere in time and was replaced with a period correct Borg Warner T89 3-speed with column shift. Power is directed to the rear with a custom heavy duty steel driveshaft. The truck sits perfectly on custom steel rims 15x7 front and 15x8 rear mounting 225/70R15 and 275/60R15 tires. The interior features acoustic heat shield, Autometer gauges, a custom stitched black Naugahyde seat, Clarion stereo system with remotes and Rockford speakers. Tinted glass assists with keeping the interior cool and the looks of the truck even cooler. All new window gear and frames were installed and the truck was wired with a Painless Performance 12-volt twelve circuit wiring harness for modern use and reliability and stainless steel fasteners.
The names Barrett-Jackson, Barrett-Jackson.com, and all associated graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC or its affiliates.