Lot #686 - It was mid-year 1955, when the pilot-house cab with wrap around windshield was introduced by Dodge. The C Series pickups will be known forever as the first V8 powered Dodge truck, the thoroughly modern, light weight and compact 241cid Power Dome V8 engine featured overhead valves, 145hp and 215 ft/lbs of torque at 2,400rpm, it was an option on all 1955 Dodge trucks. This example was the recipient of a two-year frame-off restoration. The truck exhibits a level of quality unobtainable from assembly lines in 1950s era. It started out as a rust-free example and wears all its original tin, from the beautiful grille to its optional rear bumper. The box and fenders were alkaline dipped, fully neutralized and phosphated to insure they last for many years to come. The frame and front axle have been powder coated the correct shade of black and all chrome pieces were replated plus a few extras to subtly set it off. The radio was completely rebuilt with original antenna. Proper little details that make the difference in longevity of a proper restoration include the custom made under hood support to keep the two hood halves from rubbing and chipping the paint which was a very common problem with this design. It also wears its factory two tone paint colors of Chilean Beige and Canyon Coral. Options include factory radio, heater, rear bumper, bumper guards, rear view mirror, side mirror, electric wipers, V8 engine, factory clock, high side box and deluxe interior. The factory jack is present and still in the factory cloth bag. Documentation includes factory owner's manual, dealer parts record, Dodge owner service certificate and September 5th, 1957 license applied for receipt.
The names Barrett-Jackson, Barrett-Jackson.com, and all associated graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC or its affiliates.