Lot #9.1 - Designed by Paul Treen who started the company in the 1920s. Based in New Orleans, it was the only motorcycle company that manufactured in the southern part of the United States. The first simplex was produced in 1935 and was built like its name: simple. It was direct drive arrangement eliminating a transmission and clutch. In the 1950s, the Simplex Automatic was produced and was fitted with an automatic clutch and a variable transmission. The 125cc two-stroke engine now also incorporated a rotary valve that was unusual for the period. Because of the lightweight design, the motorcycle claimed 100 miles per gallon. This 1957 Simplex Automatic has been restored to new condition, finished in deep burgundy paint and cream wheels. Options include headlight, taillight, dual exhaust pipes, spring supported leather saddle, foot brake and rear fender rack. A classic lightweight motorcycle. From the Jerry Minor Collection.
**SOLD ON BILL OF SALE ONLY**
To learn more
CALL 888-793-9789 or click here
Get Pre-Approved now!
The names Barrett-Jackson, Barrett-Jackson.com, and all associated graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC or its affiliates.