Lot #1001 - 1 of 618 built. A rare and stunning car in the color of teal blue with a white leather interior. Equipped with very rare factory options of air conditioning, auto-pilot cruise control, auto-headlamp dimmer, swivel bucket seats, power windows power steering, power brakes and much more. This was the last year for the "finned" Imperials with its free standing headlamp pods. It was a throw back to the 1920-1930's. A beautiful car worthy of any collection. For Chrysler,1961 brought a whole new front end with "freestanding" headlights on short stalks in cutaway front fenders, and even taller "wings" at the rear. In 1962, the fins were replaced by straight-top rear fenders, and as in 1955, free-standing tail lights atop them, but these were elongated, streamlined affairs. The front grille was once again split, and a large round eagle hood ornament was fitted for the first time. The engineering team delivered as well, giving the 1962 models a new, slimmer TorqueFlite automatic transmission, which allowed for a smaller transmission tunnel "hump" in the floor. This provided greater comfort for the passenger in the center seat up front 1962 also marked the closing of Imperial's dedicated assembly plant; all later Imperials were built in the same facilities as standard Chrysler-brand models. 1963 saw the split grille disappear again, replaced by a cluster of chromed rectangles, and the taillights were now inside the rear fenders, in ordinary fashion, for the first time. In addition, the designers redesigned the rooflines of the 2 door hardtops, giving them a similar appearance to the 4 door models. 1963 models were the last Virgil Exner-styled Imperials. While most critics of automobile styling rate the 1955 through 1959 Imperials highly, the styling in this period was more questionable, which was reflected in Exner's increasing struggles with the Chrysler President and board. The main advantage of Imperials in the 1960's was their strength; their crash-worthiness got them banned from demolition derbies for being too hard to take down. Unlike the rest of the Chrysler corporation makes (Plymouth, De Soto, Chrysler and Dodge), that went to uni-body construction in 1960, the Imperial retained separate full perimeter frames for rigidity through the 1966 model year. These substantial frames were in the form of a full box with cross members forming an "x". The drive shaft passed through a hole in the "x" frame. Interestingly, the emergency brake, in the traditional Chrysler manner, was in the form of a damp that would take hold of the drive shaft, and was not connected to the rear drum brakes.