Lot #1004 - Mercedes-Benz unveiled the W113 chassis to the public in 1963 as a replacement for the 4-cylinder 190SL, and in some ways, for the 300SL sports car. The removable hardtop featured a subtle concave roof panel when viewed from the front, earning the nickname "Pagoda." The Pagoda SL evolved through three generations - 230SL, 250SL and 280SL - with production ending in 1971. This 1967 230SL is a superb restored example of what is considered the purest expression of the W113 line. Light yellow paintwork is offset by an attractive original green interior. Both tops are present, and it is equipped with the 4-speed manual transmission, lending a sporty edge and allowing the driver to get the best out of the silky smooth inline-6. 1967 was the last year for the 230SL before it was replaced by the 250SL and subtle refinements were made, including the fitment of 6" wide wheels for better handling. All generations of the W113 are renowned for their impeccable build quality and drivability that makes them feel much younger than they are.
The names Barrett-Jackson, Barrett-Jackson.com, and all associated graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC or its affiliates.