There’s nothing quite like being a bidder at Barrett-Jackson! Whether it’s your first time or 40th, these 10 tips may be just what you need to enhance your experience:
- Sign up early. Sounds simple and it is! You can take advantage of early registration pricing, plus your credentials and parking pass will be mailed to you prior to the start of auction. Generally, the perks of registering early end 30 days prior to the auction, so visit Barrett-Jackson.com to get started today.
- Take advantage of the perks. Depending on which tier you register for, some attractive benefits are available. The Opening Night Gala tops the list for many attendees and is generally held the evening before the auction starts. Guests enjoy live entertainment, a complimentary array of food and beverages, and the camaraderie of other car collectors. Another top draw is the bidder bar located within the auction arena, where you can socialize with other collectors and redeem your drink cards. The best perk, though, is sitting in the “bidders-only” section of the auction arena. This area is not open to the general public and is restricted to bidders and their guests (with a small portion designated as assigned seating for Platinum-level bidders).
- Download the App. Barrett-Jackson’s Beyond The Block app is available on Google Play and the app store for Apple and is free of charge. It gives you a streamlined mobile connection to all the auction has to offer, including the location of each and every auction car — which can be most helpful when taking advantage of tip number four.
- Attend the auction Preview Day. With the intention of giving bidders a chance to see all of the auction cars before the general public arrives and the first gavel falls, Preview Day is the perfect setup. You can stroll through the Showcase Pavilion and all of the auction car tents at your own pace without the worry of missing anything on the auction block.
- Upgrade your experience to include Muscle Lounge access. This private skybox suite was created with bidders in mind, so you can enjoy an unobstructed view of the auction with food and drinks as part of the package. The suite is located above the main auction floor and tickets can be purchased when you register to bid, or on-site in the auction office.
Take advantage of the excitement in the staging lanes. Just before the auction cars go across the block, consignors are often found hanging around with their cars. This is a great chance to get more information directly from the consignor about a car, and it also gives you an opportunity to see the car in motion and listen to its engine and exhaust notes.
- Watch the Live Stream. The cameras for the live stream start rolling as soon as the first items of automobilia cross the block in the morning and continue until the hammer falls on the last auction car of the day. It’s a commercial-free way to watch the auction on your smart phone, tablet or desktop computer. No special software or hardware is needed — just click the “Watch Live” button on the top of the Barrett-Jackson.com home page.
- Get warmed up at the Automobilia Auction. Each morning at every Barrett-Jackson event, the day starts off with the sale of authentic automobilia (automotive-related memorabilia). It is the perfect place to hone your bidding skills or accessorize your car collection. There is no additional bidder registration required — your bidder paddle for cars works seamlessly for automobilia items as well.
- Register on Barrett-Jackson.com. Click “Log In/Register” on the top right of the home page to open up an enhanced website experience. Auction car sale prices will be shown here not long after each car crosses the block, as well as one-click options to fill out forms.
- Subscribe to the E-Newsletter. At the bottom of the home page, click “subscribe” to receive bi-weekly updates on everything going on at Barrett-Jackson, including links to spectacular auction cars, interesting features, discount codes for official apparel and more.
For more information on becoming a bidder, click HERE.