Nine Charitable Organizations to Benefit
from Sale of Collectable Automobiles at
2nd Annual Barrett-Jackson Orange County Auction
June 24-26 at the OC Fair & Event Center
SCOTTSDALE, AZ. –June 22, 2011 – Nine charitable organizations will benefit from the sale of eight vehicles at the 2nd Annual Barrett-Jackson Orange County Auction June 24-26 at the OC Fair & Event Center in Costa Mesa, California. The participating national and local charity organizations include the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer, Cell Phones for Soldiers, The Center for Living Peace and the Tony Hawk Foundation, The Darrell Gwynn Foundation, the Foundation for Blind Children, Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital, Special Olympics Southern California, the Surfing Heritage Foundation.
Charitable giving is an important part of the Barrett-Jackson culture and, as always, all consignment fees and commissions on these no reserve vehicles will be waived in order to maximize the amount of money raised for each organization. The winning bidders of the charity vehicles have will have an opportunity to directly impact the charitable organizations as the funds are paid directly to each organization.
“Our customers have long supported the charitable efforts at our events and already in 2011 we have raised nearly $5 million. Raising money for local and national charities has become a tradition that we are very excited to continue during the 2nd Annual Barrett Jackson Orange County Auction,” stated Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson.
“Barrett Jackson is proud to provide the platform for these outstanding organizations to raise awareness for their cause,” says Steve Davis, President of Barrett-Jackson. “We are very proud that our company can assist these organizations to raise money. These nine charities are in need of our support and we are pleased to be working with them.”
Automobiles to be auctioned include:
- Lot #31.2: 2010 TOYOTA SCION XB (VIN JTLZE4FE3A1114089) – 5-speed, power windows and locks, cruise and traction control, air conditioning, custom wheels and more. Pioneer AM/FM/CD radio with ipod/USB portal. TRD exhaust and lowering kit. 551 actual miles. All proceeds to benefit the Foundation for Blind Children.
- Lot #47: 1967 FORD MUSTANG CUSTOM FASTBACK (VIN 7T02S233531) – Custom fastback with fuel injected 402-IR Roush Racing engine rated at 514hp and a Tremec TKO 600 5-speed transmission. Driven less than 1,500 miles since frame-on restoration. All proceeds to benefit Special Olympics of Southern California.
- Lot #60.3: 1957 LINCOLN PREMIERE CONVERTIBLE (VIN 57WA20006L)- Beautiful restoration, Starmist White, black and white interior, power steering, brakes and top. All Proceeds to benefit Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital
- Lot #336.6: 2011 FORD MUSTANG CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE (VIN 1ZVBP8FF7B5157641) – Custom Ford Mustang GT modified by the world famous West Coast Customs team. All proceeds to benefit the Darrell Gwynn Foundation.
- Lot #362: 2011 FORD MUSTANG GT (VIN 1ZVBP8CF3B5127959 )- The “Hawkized” Mustang. Features a 5.0L V8 tuned to 425hp with Katzkin leather, a Street Scene body kit, TIS 3-piece wheels and Pirelli tires, Flowmaster exhaust, lowered springs. All proceeds to benefit the Center for Living Peace and the Tony Hawk Foundation.
- Lot #367.1: 2012 CHEVROLET CAMARO – This is the first retail production of the 2012 “Honor and Valor” Limited Edition Camaro SS. Legendary SS performance comes standard with a 6.2L, V8 delivering 400hp. Proceeds to benefit Cell Phones for Soldiers.
- Lot #629: 2006 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA (VIN 3VWRT71K26M838993)- This World’s first professional Bio-Diesel Touring Car debuted at Sebring, March 2007 in the SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Series. Sold on Bill of Sale only, all proceeds will be donated to the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer.
- Lot #638: 1963 AMERICA MOTORS RAMBLER 220 (VIN B584177)- A beautiful blend of Southern California car and surf culture, this hand painted 1963 220 American Rambler comes from the estate of Mike Marshall. All proceeds to benefit the Surfing Heritage Foundation.
For more information visit www.barrett-jackson.com.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2011, Barrett-Jackson Auction Company specializes in providing products and services to collector car owners, astute collectors and automotive enthusiasts worldwide. Named one of the top 100 “World’s Most Ethical Companies” by Ethisphere Magazine in 2010, Barrett-Jackson produces “The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™” in Scottsdale, Palm Beach, Fla., Orange County, Calif. and Las Vegas. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance offering for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. Established in 1971, Barrett-Jackson is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit www.barrett-jackson.com or call (480) 421-6694.
Each description contained herein is provided by the consignor for the purpose of describing the item offered for sale. The accuracy of a description is the responsibility of the consignor and Barrett-Jackson is not responsible for any errors contained in a description or for the failure of a consignor to produce any item for sale. Please conduct your own inspection before making a purchase and refer to the Barrett- Jackson website for complete terms and conditions of sale.