Ultimate Best in Show Winner
Owner: Alan Beers
Builder: Hot Rod Garage – Jason Smith
Car Description: 1957 Chevrolet Pickup
- 2014 Good Guys Truck of the Year
- 2013 Great 8 Truck at Detroit Autorama
- 3” top chop, 540 big block with Crower “Stack” fuel injection, Baer brakes, one-off billet wheels and trim by Greening Auto Company, Interior by CAR Upholstery, Inc. with Classic Instruments gauges.
- Every body panel has been modified and smoothed.
Ultimate Best in Show Winner Package: $30,000 CASH and individualized Barrett-Jackson Cup Trophy plus General Motors Crate Engine and Transmission ($15,000 Value), Waterloo Tool Chest and Craftsman Tools ($6,000 Value), Reliable Transportation Credit for 1 year ($5000 Value), Adam’s Polish Product ($1,000 Value) and a Hot August Nights Barrett-Jackson Cup Jacket ($250 Value).
1st Runner Up:
Owner: Don Smith
Builder: Jeff Kinsey – Hot Rods by JSK
Car Description: 1932 Ford 4 Door
- 2014 Street Rod of the Year.
- 2014 Great 8 Car in Detroit.
- This month’s Street Rodder cover car.
- Early 50s race car theme.
- Bored and Stroked Thunderbird Y block V8 with a vintage Hilborn intake converted to EFI, a 5 speed manual transmission feeding into a quick-change rear axle. The body and frame are handmade including suicide doors with eliminated b-pillars.
- Hand stitched “baseball glove” leather interior by Paul Atkins.
- Sprint Car Steering and modified vintage drum brakes.
1st Runner Up Prize Package: $18,000 CASH plus Miller Motorsports Package ($5,000 Value), Craftsman Tools ($3,000 Value), Adam’s Polish Product ($1,000 Value) and a Hot August Nights Barrett-Jackson Cup Jacket ($250 Value).
2nd Runner Up: 1935 Chevrolet Phaeton
Owner: Wes Rydell
Builder: Rad Rides by Troy
Car Description: 1935 Chevrolet Phaeton
- 2014 “America’s Most Beautiful Roadster” at the Grand National Roadster Show.
- Designed by Chip Foose and built by the winner of the inaugural Barrett-Jackson Cup, Rad Rides by Troy.
- Modified Roadster Shop chassis with “Heidt’s” independent suspension all around.
- A GM Performance 383 Ram Jet engine with EFI modified to look like an old 1957 Rochester unit.
- Understated CNC machined wheels were made by Curtis Speed
- Rad-rides stitched the art-deco red leather upholstery and canvas top in-house.
2nd Runner Up Prize Package:$10,000 CASH plus Bed Wood and Parts bed liner ($3,000 Value), Adam’s Polish Product ($1,000 Value) and a Hot August Nights Barrett-Jackson Cup Jacket ($250 Value).
3rd Runner Up:
Owner and Builder: J.F.Launier
Car Description: 1964 Buick Riviera
- 2014 Ridler Award Winner at the Detroit Autorama.
- Hand built body starting with little more than a $300 “parts car” rusted hulk.
- Rear window and deck area grafted from a later “boat tail” Riviera.
- Two rear-mounted turbochargers feed a 6.2 liter Chevrolet LS V8 by way of a massive intake tube that runs through the cockpit.
- Giving the car its low, wide stance, a custom built perimeter chassis rides on Curtis Speed billet wheels
- Inside the completely hand made interior has been converted to a two seat sports car layout. The theme draws attention to the rear mounted turbos.
3rd Runner Up Prize Package: $7,000 CASH plus Adam’s Polish Product ($1,000 Value) and a Hot August Nights Barrett-Jackson Cup Jacket ($250 Value).
4th Runner Up:
Owner: Steve Turnari
Builder: Jeremy Miranda, Miranda Built
Car Description: 1967 Nova
- 2014 Goodguys Street Machine of the Year Winner.
- 2014 Detroit Autorama “Great 8”.
- Twin Turbo “NASCAR SB2” small block Chevrolet engine.
- RideTech pro-touring suspension controlled by an iPad.
- Budnik Gasser D wheels
- Paint by Charley Hutton including the unique orange finish on the wheels and engine trim.
4th Runner Up Prize Package: $5,000 CASH, plus Adam’s Polish Product ($1,000 Value) and a Hot August Nights Barrett-Jackson Cup Jacket ($250 Value).