1950 DODGE B-2 PICKUP - 81720Sold* at Scottsdale 2010 - Lot #1209 1950 DODGE B-2 PICKUPhttps://cdn.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/81720/81720_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
1950 DODGE B-2 PICKUP
*Includes Buyer Commission
Lot #1209 - A 1950 Dodge B-2 pickup with the pilot-house cab. A frame-off, nut and bolt restoration of a less than 31,000 actual mile original with its 218cid/96hp L-head 6 cylinder and 3-speed transmission. In 1950, Dodge continued the slogan "job rated". This meant that salesmen matched the truck perfectly to the customer's needs, no bigger and no smaller than needed. In 1950, the series number changed from B-1 to B-2 due to engineering changes but no appearance changes were made from the 1949. The rare B-2 was built only one year with its new steering column gear shift lever as standard equipment, along with a hand-pull parking brake control located on the dash. Buyers loved this feature as they could easily move across the seat from one door to the other. Pilot-house cab Dodges were made from 1949 to 1953. They were called this due to their new, larger and very distinctive cabs.
The names Barrett-Jackson, Barrett-Jackson.com, and all associated graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of Barrett-Jackson Auction Co. LLC or its affiliates.